< Back | Next>
You are concerned about the performance of some VMs that receive multicast network traffic. You want to ensure the ESXi host is properly configured to process the multicast traffic very efficiently.
You decide to configure the ESXi host to allow multiple CPU cores to process network packets from a single network queue.
- Use the vSphere Web client to examine the current value for the Net.NetSplitRxMode setting.
- Set Net.NetSplitRxMode to the appropriate value to permit multiple CPU cores to process network packet from a single queue.
- ESXi host: host-01.lab.local
VDCA510 Objective: 3.1 Tune and Optimize vSphere Performance
VDCA550 Objective: 4.2 Optimize Virtual Machine Resources
- Chapter 4 - Tune and Optimize vSphere Performance - Tune ESXi Host Networking Configuration
Click Here For Solution
- Use the vSphere Web Client to navigate to Hosts and Clusters view.
- Select the ESXi host and select Manage > System > Advanced System Settings.
- Select Net.NetSplitRxMode.
- If the value is 0, and then change it to 1.