< Back | Next>
You are concerned about ensuring a very high level of availability for the VMs in a specific cluster. As part of this effort, you want to configure vCenter Server to automatically send email messages whenever specific HA-related events occur.
- Configure vCenter Server to automatically send an email whenever it determines that insufficient resources currently exist to satisfy the HA failover configuration.
- Configure vCenter Server to automatically send an email whenever it determines that an HA failover event is in progress.
- Configure vCenter Server to automatically send an email whenever it determines that the failover of a VM (any VM) by vSphere HA failed.
- vCenter Server: vcva01.vclass.local
- Cluster: Cluster-01
- Email recipient: email@example.com
VDCA510 Objective: 4.1 Implement and Maintain Complex VMware HA Solutions
VDCA550 Objective: 3.1 Implement and Maintain Complex VMware HA Solutions
- Scenario 10-12
- Chapter 5 – VMware High Availability - Configure HA-related Alarms and Monitor HA Clusters
Click Here For Solution
- Use the vSphere Web Client to navigate to Inventory > Hosts and Clusters.
- Select the vCenter Server in the inventory and select Manage > Alarms Definitions.
- Right-click the Insufficient vSphere HA failover resources alarm, select Edit, and then select the Actions.
- Add an action to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org whenever the state changes from Green to Yellow or Yellow to Red.
- Repeat the previous steps, but select different alarms to create similar actions for the vSphere HA failover in progress and the vSphere HA virtual machine failover failed alarms.