< Back | Next>
You need to troubleshoot an issue involving an ESXi host and its connection to a distributed virtual switch. You need to use the ESXi Shell to identify the ID and the MTU settings of the distributed virtual switch
- Use an ESXCLI command to display information about the distributed virtual switches to which a specific ESXi hosts connects.
- Review the results and locate the ID and the MTU settings of the appropriate distributed virtual switch.
- ESXi host: host-02.lab.local
- Distributed virtual switch: dvSwitch0
VDCA510 Objective: 2.4 Administer vNetwork Distributed Switch Settings
VDCA550 Objective: 2.3 Troubleshoot Virtual Switch Solutions
- Chapter 2 - Implement and Manage Complex Networks - Analyze Virtual Switches Using ESXCLI
Click Here For Solution
- Use the ESXi Shell on host-02.lab.local, enter this command:
esxcli network vswitch dvs vmware list
- In the results, locate the section for dvSwitch0.
- In the dvSwitch0 section, located and identify the values for VDS ID and MTU settings.