< Back | Next>
You recently upgraded a vSphere environment to vSphere 5.5 and want to take advantage of a new feature that allows VMware HA to comply with DRS VM to VM affinity rules.
- Use the vSphere Web Client to ensure that a DRS/HA-enabled cluster named Cluster-01 contains two ESXi hosts. If necessary, configure the cluster using default settings.
- Create an anti-affinity rule for two VMs and name the rule Rule-01.
- Configure HA to comply with the VM to VM affinity rule.
- ESXi hosts: host-01 and host-02
- VMs: vm-01 and vm-02
VDCA510 Objective: N/A
VDCA550 Objective: 3.1 – Implement and Maintain Complex VMware HA
Click Here For Solution
- Use the vSphere Web Client or vSphere Client to select the datacenter object and select the cluster. Select the options to enable both VMware DRS and VMware HA; do not make any other changes.
- Use the vSphere Web Client to locate and select the cluster.
- Select Manage > Settings > DRS Rules.
- Click Add.
- Set the Name to Rule-01 and the Type to Separate Virtual Machines.
- Select the VMs named vm-01 and vm-02. Click OK.
- Navigate to Host and Clusters.
- Select the cluster and select Manage > Settings.
- Select vSphere HA and click Edit.
- Expand Advanced Options and click Add.
- Enter the option name as parameter das.respectVmVmAntiAffinityRules and set its value to TRUE.