< Back | Next>
You want to protect a VM with VMware Fault Tolerance (FT).
- Prepare a specific VM for FT protection. Ensure that the VM meets all FT prerequisites
- Do not actually configure or enable FT, just prepare the VM.
VDCA510 Objective: 4.2 Deploy and Test VMware FT
VDCA550 Objective: 4.3 Manage Advanced Virtual Machine Configurations
- Chapter 5 - VMware Fault Tolerance – Requirements
- Chapter 10 – Scenario 10-13
Click Here For Solution
- Ensure the VM is on shared storage that is accessible to other ESXi hosts in the cluster. . If necessary, migrate the virtual disks to shared storage.
- Ensure the VM uses only thick eager zeroed virtual disks. If necessary, inflate the virtual disks or change the virtual disk type during a migration.
- Ensure the VM has only one virtual CPU. If it has more, then edit the settings of the VM and change it to one virtual CPU.