< Back | Next>
You recently upgraded a vSphere environment to vSphere 5.5 and want to take advantage of vSphere Replication. You want to begin by protecting one specific virtual machine.
- Configure vSphere Replication for one VM and set it to use VSS quiescing and to provide an RPO of 15 minutes.
- Replicate the VM to any available datastore other than the datastore where it currently resides.
- Troubleshoot any issues.
VDCA510 Objective: N/A
VDCA550 Objective: 3.1 – Implement and Maintain Complex VMware HA
Click Here For Solution
- Use the vSphere Web Client to examine vm-01 and identify the datastore where it is stored.
- Right-click the VM and select All vSphere Replication Actions > Configure replication.
- If prompted, select the local site (the only site in the environment) and select automatic selection of the vSphere Replication Server.
- Select a target datastore (any datastore other than the previously identified datastore).
- Select Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) for Guest OS Quiescing.
- Set the Recover Point Objective (RPO) to 15 minutes.
- Click Finish.