< Back | Next>
You are the administrator of a fast-growing vSphere environment. You want to configure SDRS to automatically balance the disk space usage on a set of datastores. You do not want SDRS to balance base on disk I/O.
- Create a datastore cluster named Storage-01 containing two VMFS datastores.
- Configure SDRS to automatically balance the space usage in the datastore cluster.
- Configure SDRS to trigger when the utilized disk space on a datastore reaches 70%, but only if the difference between the space utilization of the source datastore is at least 10% greater than the space utilization of the target datastore.
- Datastores: VMFS-10 and VMFS-20
- Datacenter name: Datacenter-01
- ESXi host cluster name: Cluster-01
Objective: 1.2 Manage Storage Capacity in a vSphere Environment
Chapter 3 - Configuring Datastore Clusters
Click Here For Solution
- In the vSphere Client, navigate to Inventory > Datastores and Datastore Clusters.
- Right-click the datacenter object named Training, and select New Datastore Cluster.
- In the wizard, select Full Automation.
- Ensure the Enable I/O metric for SDRS recommendations is unchecked.
- Set the Utilized Space threshold o 70%.
- Use the Advanced Options to set the No recommendations until utilization difference between source and destination to 10%.