< Back | Next>
You are the administrator of a large vSphere environment, and you frequently use ESXTOP to closely examine performance statistics of the ESXi hosts. You also frequently examine memory swap statistics.
- Use ESXTOP to create a custom profile named profile-01 that can be used to display just memory swap statistics.
- Use ESXTOP again, but this time instruct it to use profile-01.
- ESXi host: host-01.lab.local
Objective: 3.4 Utilize Advanced vSphere Performance Monitoring Tools
- Chapter 4 - Utilize Advanced vSphere Performance Monitoring Tools – Configure ESXTOP / RESXTOP Custom Profiles
Click Here For Solution
- In the ESXi Shell, enter esxtop.
- Press the lowercase m key to display memory statistics.
- Press the lowercase f key to display the available memory fields.
- Press the lowercase k key to select the SWAP STATS fields. Press the lowercase h key, the lowercase l key, and the lowercase o key to deselect some other statistics.
- Press the uppercase W key to save the settings in a custom profile.
- When prompted, enter profile-01.
- Press the lowercase q key to quit ESXTOP.
- Enter esxtop -c profile-01 to open ESXTOP with the custom profile, which must be in the present working directory because it is not a fully qualified name.
- Verify that ESXTOP opens to the memory statistics and that only the swap statistics fields are displayed.